2. Who is responsible for the "processing" of personal data ?
The personal data that you communicate to us, expressly or automatically, are collected and processed by or on behalf of Ulric de Varens, whose registered office is located at 6, rue de Berri 75008 Paris.
3. Quelles données Ulric de Varens traite-t-il à mon sujet ?
How does Ulric de Varens receive this data? Personal data are data that directly or indirectly identify a natural person. In the course of providing its services, Ulric de Varens collects and processes the following categories of personal data:
- Identification and contact data, such as name, e-mail address, language preference, gender;- Payment data in connection with the execution of orders concluded with our customers;
- Improving the use and functionality of its websites;
4. Why does Ulric de Varens process this data ?
Ulric de Varens collects, stores, and processes personal data in order to:
- provide you with the products you have ordered and to inform you, on the basis of our legitimate interests, about our products and services; if applicable, we may also provide you with tailored information using a profile that Ulric de Varens has obtained on the basis of your interests and, in addition, to inform you about the products and services that are offered by Ulric de Varens' commercial partners (for the latter, only after obtaining your consent);
- ensure the follow-up of our services provided and to be able to answer your observations and/or questions concerning our services and to ensure the administration of the customers and the management of the litigation and in general to satisfy our legal obligations in particular in accounting and tax matters;
- inform you at your request, as an interested potential customer (such as via our newsletters) about products and news, including actions and promotions, that Ulric de Varens offers or that are offered by commercial partners of Ulric de Varens (subject to your consent);
- provide you at your request, as an interested potential customer, with tailored information about Ulric de Varens' products and services using a profile that Ulric de Varens has obtained based on your interests;
- Ulric de Varens may use your personal information to contact you directly, by mail, by telephone or by electronic means, including e-mail or SMS. You will be given the opportunity to "unsubscribe" at any time during each e-mail communication.
5. How long does Ulric de Varens keep my personal data ?
Ulric de Varens only keeps your personal data for as long as it is required for the purposes described. In principle, your personal data is deleted five years after your last active interaction with the Ulric de Varens website. In this way, we also avoid the retention of irrelevant information. Since the statute of limitations for contractual liability claims expires after 10 years, we will archive certain personal data during this period, and only for this purpose. If other legal obligations impose a longer retention period (e.g. retention of invoices), we will of course comply with this regulation.
6. Does Ulric de Varens share my personal data with other organizations ?
For the purposes mentioned in Article 4, Ulric de Varens may call upon "subcontractors". These subcontractors act exclusively on our behalf and may only process your personal data according to our instructions. For example, we use suppliers for marketing, communication, logistics and IT services, to personalize and optimize our services, to process credit card transactions and collections and to limit fraud in credit card and other payment transactions, to organize contests, to deliver purchased products, to co-organize our events, to provide customer services, to collect debts, etc. These vendors may receive access to your personal data or other information when providing such services. We only allow these companies to process your personal data to the extent necessary to provide their services. We also ensure that these processors provide an adequate level of security in terms of data protection. In addition to using such "subcontractors" for the services described, we will only share personal data that you have expressly provided to us, such as your name, e-mail address and other non-automated data, with other parties if we have received your explicit consent to do so, unless we are required to do so by law, by a request from a public body or by a court order.
7. Are personal data transferred to countries that do not guarantee similar protection of personal data ?
Ulric de Varens collects your data in its databases and aims to protect this data in accordance with the market against alteration, loss or unlawful use. Insofar as personal data is processed outside the European Union, we ensure, through contractual or other measures, that this data enjoys a level of protection comparable to that which it would enjoy within the European Union, in accordance with European regulations.
8. What rights can I have regarding my personal data ?
Once your data has been collected and processed, you have the right to consult your personal data, to demand that it be corrected if it is incorrect, and to request the deletion of your personal data, giving reasons. It should be noted that we cannot always delete all the personal data requested, especially when their processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or justification of a legal claim. In addition, you have the right to request that the processing be "restricted" (in cases where immediate deletion would disadvantage you, the personal data will only be made inaccessible). If you so wish, it is also possible to transfer the personal data you have actively provided to another service provider. This is the "right to data portability". Whenever the processing is based on a legitimate interest of Ulric de Varens, you have the right to object to this processing. If your request is well-founded, Ulric de Varens will cease processing your personal data, unless the processing of the personal data is related to the establishment, exercise, or justification of legal claims (e.g. the filing of a claim with a court). Where processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on consent prior to such withdrawal. Finally, you always have the right to object, without having to give a reason, to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
9. How can I exercise these rights in practice ?
You can exercise these rights by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. You will need to attach a copy of the front of your identity card to prove your identity. We do this in order to protect your personal data, among other things to ensure that no third party can access your personal data.
11. Who can I contact if I am unclear or have complaints ?
You can contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for your general questions or observations relating to your personal data that do not concern the exercise of your rights as mentioned above in points 8 and 9. For complaints relating to the processing of your personal data by Ulric de Varens, you can also contact the French data protection authority in case of questions or complaints:
The National Commission for Information Technology and Civil Liberties - CNIL, 8 rue Vivienne, CS 30223, F-75002 Paris, Cedex 02, tel. +331 53 73 22 22, website: http://www.cnil.fr/ .